WHEDA Foundation Housing Grants Materials & Application
The Wisconsin Housing and Economic Development Authority (WHEDA) and the WHEDA Foundation, Inc. announce the availability of grant funds through the 2019 Housing Grant Program competition. Grant funds totaling $1,001,900 will be awarded to support the development or improvement of housing facilities in Wisconsin for low-income persons with special needs. This Fund will support two separate housing competitions: Emergency/Transitional category, and Permanent category.
- Application submission for the current year program is now open.
- Maximum individual grant award is $40,000 per project. There is no minimum grant award and smaller funding requests are allowed. Applicants may submit only one application per category.
- Eligible applicants include nonprofit organizations or cooperatives organized under Chapters 181, 185, or 187 of the Wisconsin Statutes; community development, redevelopment and housing authorities; and local units of government, including Native American tribal authorities.
- Grant recipients that received three consecutive funding awards through the WHEDA Foundation 2016, 2017, and 2018 housing grant competitions are not eligible to apply for the 2019 housing grants program.
- For flexibility in awarding grants to the "best of the best", review teams will be able to allocate more or less than 50% of the pool to each category depending on the quality of applications. However, no category will be allocated less than 25% or more than 75% of the total pool.
- Applications are due on August 23, 2019.
- Grant awards will be announced on or about December 20, 2019.
The current year grant information packet consists of five documents each of which are available in a PDF file format.